Sunday, June 27, 2010

Low carb soup.(weight loss program)

weight loss program,
Last year my husband and I decided that we needed to lose some weight. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life, but he has always been thin. It really bothered him when he needed to go up a pant size. He found that he was getting tired easier and feeling sluggish. When he announced that he wanted to go on a diet I told him that I would go on one also.

My husband’s brother and his wife had lost weight following a low carb diet. My husband is a protein eater so he thought that this would be an easy diet for him to follow. My sister-in-law told me that she never felt hungry on the diet and that the weight came off very quickly. I have tried most other diets, so I thought I might as well give this one a try. I looked up recipes as well as other information. I found that meals were quite easy to prepare because the bulk of what is eaten is protein. After two weeks my husband and I were pleased with the weight we were losing, but we were getting bored with eating the same thing for dinner every night. I found a recipe for low carb soup that sounded good. It was a cream of mushroom soup. We both love mushrooms so I thought I would try making it. That night instead of having the standard salad with our lean steaks we each had a large bowl of the low carb soup. It was a great change of pace and very satisfying. We decided that we would try the recipe for low carb soup substituting other vegetables that were on our approved list.

Find the low carb soup recipe has really helped us to stay on the diet. The change in texture from eating all chewy proteins has been a nice break. The heavy cream that goes in the soup is also on the approved list of what we can have. I found that if I puree some of the vegetables the soup gets nice and thick without using a thickening agent. Most thickening agents are high in carbohydrates. The pureed vegetables do not add to the carbohydrates that are in the recipe and the thicker texture is more satisfying. This week I found a recipe for low carbohydrate cheese cake. This baked cheese cake has Splenda in it as the sweetening agent. Splenda is an approved sweetener, and it can be substituted for sugar teaspoon for teaspoon. It does not leave the artificial taste in the baked products like many of the other artificial sweeteners do. I think that as long as we are able to find low carb alternatives to keep us from getting bored, we will be able to stay on this diet until we get to our desired weight.
-weight loss program-

No comments:

Post a Comment